2. Have you ever stopped and looked around and realized your life is just not what you expected it to be? I know I'm blessed, but it's hard to not compare to others sometimes. Anyway, enough belly-aching for one Sunday...
3. In my last post I mentioned this cool old pediment/arch/curvy wood thing I bought at Lucketts - I decided to hang it above my chalkboard in my kitchen. I may paint it or stain it gray but I haven't decided yet.
I moved it over by my fridge/trash area and that really opened up my kitchen counter/backsplash area - I see more redecorating in my future there.
4. Part of the kitchen redecorating was influenced by a new book my Mom bought me (Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up)- it seems to be pretty popular - I've seen a ton of sites referencing it.
As a long-time collector the book was hard for me to get into (and I'm not sure how I feel about having conversations with things like the author recommends) - but it did convince me to donate a huge pile of stuff and sell a few things online. I still have progress to make but it was definitely a good start.
5. I've been trying to cut back on spending as much as possible (as always, and as always I haven't been following through) - but I fell in love with these African sea glass beads - I was seeing them everywhere on design sites, catalogs, magazines etc. Most of the prices were just too high for me ($99 for 2-3 in most cases). I did find them slightly less expensive on Etsy and I just love how they add a really pretty watery-coastal-vibe.
6. That Maui book is now one of my favorite books and I found it used on Amazon for $5.
7. I'm super excited to decorate for the holidays this year...BUT I'm going to be gone for close to two weeks in December. So, that kind of throws a wrench into things. I feel like I'm going to be missing out on enjoying the decorated house and people actually being nice to each other. I'm still going to spend Thanksgiving weekend decorating the house and I'll definitely post everything before I'm gone.
8. I'm going back to Hawaii...so don't feel too bad for me. I'm trying to get excited and not let all the things that always worry me about work and traveling with a bunch of honeymooners get to me.
9. Dreaming of these macarons from Olivia Macaron in Georgetown...
10. Last weekend I packed up all of my outdoor cushions on my deck and stored them in my basement (I never did this before but these cushions weren't cheap) - it was pretty sad, I don't feel like I enjoyed them as much as I would have liked this year. Hopefully, with the house next door being renovated I will feel more comfortable enjoying my backyard next year...
11. Have you read Sarah's new book At Home Sarah Style? I just finished it today and it was pretty amazing. I feel like I need to step my game up around here and in life...
Have a great week!