1. I went to PA because I really wanted to go Antiquing. Turns out I can't hang anymore and after a few shops I was tired and ready to go home. Pretty lame. I did see about 28 horse & buggies though. I feel bad for the horses :(
2. I went to the Pottery Barn outlet and I felt like I was going to be in trouble as soon as I walked in. Everything was beachy and awesome and you know Pottery Barn-expensive.
3. You may remember from this post - Fresh Finds Summer Edition that I was obsessed with this metal starfish bowl. Do you know they had it there, I practically knocked a lady over (not really) to get one. I was so happy. It's sitting proudly on my console table in my 'foyer'
4. I also bought a little bag of shells, I'm so crazy over shells of all kinds. Ever since I was a kid I've collected them. Oh, and that lovely little glass candle. I was drawn to the blue color and the scent was called 'Waikiki' which I thought was good luck since I'm going to Hawaii. Well, it smelled amazing in the store but I must have been smelling something else because I got it home and lit it and it's a hot mess...lol
5. The only antique I came home with - a very old book. I just loved the color. It was bit pricey but was on sale so I went with it.
6. The crab is from One Kings Lane. I thought he was so cute. You always seem them in brassy gold but not silver. He also was a bit pricey but sold out so quick I had to stalk their site until he was available again.
7. I freaked out the other day because I looked out at my brand new outdoor cushions and it looked like a bird had crapped all over them. Turns out the 'neighborhood' cat that likes to traipse around my yard had made it their bed for the night and left white fur all over it. I'm so not a cat person and I'm especially not a fan of unwanted guests on my way over-priced cushions...
8. I promised to show how the Shibori DIY dried:
9. I have the worst headache. I think I can predict when storms are coming because I always get a headache...better not rain considering I spent an hour cleaning my car...
10. My mom and I went for a quick day trip to the beach and I never shared the photos - I just brought some shells home (shocking I know). Here are the shells and stones I found on the beach:
These shells are from my favorite store, Sea Shell City:
I love how they look in my large aqua glass jars
11. I've been really trying to move more and eat less before this trip and I think I've actually gained more weight in the process :( Not looking forward to being weighed before my helicopter tour but I guess there's not much I can do about it now. I even gave up Coke (-acola) back on April 15th and it's literally a struggle every day not to drink it (I've been drinking one-a-day forever so it's definitely a habit). Well, enough of this pity party, I'm really going to try to not worry about anything while I'm gone and just enjoy myself...fingers crossed I can do it.
Have a great rest of the weekend!