Anyway...so I mentioned I was going to show how I normally pack my carry-on for a long trip. I probably bring way too much stuff but I will say that I see some people bringing their whole house with them so I'm not that bad.
I usually bring my Epiphanie camera bag with me as my carry-on but the straps are starting to break and I didn't need that kind of stress in my life.
I looked at a bunch of other carry-on/camera bags but they were super expensive, made of man made materials (that I find seem to chip on flights) and they were huge...I'm 5'9" I need some space under the seat in front of me.
So, I decided to go with the LeSportsac Medium Travel Tote Bag in Magnificent. It's fairly roomy without being too big to fit under the seat in front of me. It also has three outside pockets for extra storage.
Here's what I fit in mine:
It's a little blurry because I was trying to stand on a stool to get everything in...
- Compression socks - I'm worried they'll be too hot so I'm bringing them with me to try but wearing my ankle socks to the airport just in case
- Purell wipes
- iPod and charger
- Cell phone and charger
- Kindle and charger
- Under my cell phone I have a little plastic pouch (I used the case my pillow shams came in in case something spills) filled with a little map of each island and the places I want to go on each one organized by city (yes I'm crazy)
- Wallet, plus extra zip pouch that came with my new bag
- 2 lenses + camera body (not in shot because it's taking this photo)
- Sunglasses and case - I'm terrible about actually using cases (they're always on top of my head) so this is a major improvement for me
- Little pouch for organizing chargers
- FIVE magazines...I'm an home decor mag addict and it's a long flight
- My camera and lens holder insert - I bought mine on Etsy
Here's how it looks with everything in it...it is super heavy but I think I can manage
Do you have any must-haves or carry-on packing tips? I'd love to hear them :)