2. I ordered a new Kindle Fire last week...I went back and forth between that and an iPad (since everyone and my mother have one now)...I'll let you know how it works out...here's my old Kindle...on it's way back to Amazon...just wasn't cutting it anymore...I'll miss the coastal photo though :)
3. My grandfather passed away a few years ago. He really enjoyed building things and had tons of tools. I always remember a family saying when thinking about him - 'If something is worth doing, it's worth doing right.'
While I was at my grandmother's house yesterday I looked at his workbench and found two yard sticks and a great horse-hair brush. My grandmother was happy to let them go!
4. My car is now a week old...I'm getting used to it but I still miss my old car...I'm such a creature of habit. I do love the color though - too bad it looks pretty dirty now with all the rainy/snowy weather we've had.
5. I've developed a new spray-painting technique - I'm going to call it glittering - I used Valspar (Black Satin) and Valspar (Metal - Silver). If you spray about 12 inches away in small spurts you get this great speckled effect - and you only have to do one coat! I've had this bust for a while, I keep some of my vintage jewelry on it and sometimes I use it for my handmade jewelry that I sell in my Etsy shop --> link on the right sidebar. I love her new look!
6. I know I sound like a broken record but I've decided for the month of April I'm not going to make any purchases (besides the necessities....food, gas, bills). I really need to save money - I'm planning a birthday trip in May to Seattle and I've had a lot of big purchases between the roof, car, and basement door. I'm going to blog my progress and hopefully I can make it 30 days!
7. My bedroom looks like a hot mess right now...I'm in the process of getting everything ready to finally paint, here's my plan of attack list (yes I'm OCD about this stuff):
8. I have a few projects in the works for the bedroom (besides painting the walls) - one of them will be my dresser:
This is one of the first mosaic projects I did and the grout job is not the best. The contrast of the black tile and paint with the bright white grout isn't working for me either.
I found this tile on Amazon and want to give it a try with gray grout. I've got to figure out how I'm going to cut the edges though...stay tuned...I'll definitely share photos of the before and after...I might even repaint the dresser :)
10. I might have a shelter magazine addiction...
My favorite - Style at Home (it's actually a Canadian magazine), O and Food network (not really shelter magazines but close enough), House Beautiful (probably my longest subscription love them), Traditional Home, Coastal Living, Country Living, Cottages & Bungalows, HGTV magazine (LOVE), finally the Domino special publications (I keep hoping they'll come back...$12/magazine is pretty pricey).
11. I can't wait to get my new Kindle and actually use my beautiful Sapphire velvet chair...I wish it wasn't so expensive...I'd reupholster everything in Sapphire velvet with lots of tufting!