2. I managed to put myself together (enough) to make it out to an estate sale in VA last weekend. It was the last day so everything was 50%. I didn't score the amazing trophies I saw in the preview photos (it was day three after all) but I did buy this A-mazing bullseye/convex mirror. I may have lost 10 lbs but I didn't lose my love for awesome vintage junk! (I even heard a woman in the line say look at that mirror! score!)
3. If you know me at all you know it doesn't look like that anymore :)
4. I spent my weekend painting my bedroom. I love the color (Valspar Indigo Streamer). LOVE. But it IS pretty dark...this is the moment when I realized (again) that I dislike all the work that goes into painting...
5. I used a new product I found on Amazon - called the Turboroll - Powered Paint Roller. It worked pretty well - up until the point the roller flipped off and paint continued to come out of the handle...just make sure you put down plastic drop cloths no matter what! It saved a lot of time and hassle but it does seem to use a lot of paint.
6. On a random side note plastic drop cloths over carpet might as well be a sheet of ice...I almost wiped out a couple times...just thought I'd share :)
7. Popsicle break time!
8. I used the 'green' tape this time around...it worked pretty well but I still had some bleed through issues. Going to have to do some touch-ups...sigh...
9. I'm working on a few more projects for my bedroom - I'm prying up all the old tile on my dresser that I mosaic-ed a million years ago...which is sooo much fun (sarcasm). My grandmother gave me a vintage lamp that I'm going to work some magic on. I also want to find or make some art for the left of the window...so right now it's looking pretty bare on this wall...
10. I can't tell you how much I love the Threshold curtains...or the 'new' mirror over my bed. Loving how everything is turning out :)
I get so wrapped up in these projects I forget to eat...going to go make something as soon I finish this post!
11. Finally...the bedroom reveal!
Happy Treasure Hunting!