I took the day off from work yesterday and decided to explore Frederick, MD for the day. I didn't find any treasures that I couldn't live without so the trip was kind of disappointing.
Since the weather was so nice and the leaves are starting to change color I decided to stop by Cunningham Falls on my way home and try out my new camera lens. Yes, you may remember that I mentioned the wide-angle lens in the first installment of 'Eleven Obsessions'...I took the plunge and bought it.
I'm still getting used to it but below are a few shots from the falls...I think it's going to be great for room photos...I'll be able to get an entire room in the shot :)
Below is what I'm currently obsessing over:
1. If you love parties and entertaining - this is the site for you. I love how you can shop by color :) shopsweetlulu.com
2. Are you loving the Junk Gypsy show on HGTV as much as I am? They inspired my trip to Austin. I didn't find nearly as much good junk as they do but I still found some treasures. Their site has lots of gypsy-inspired clothes and accessories. I'm digging these silver crown hooks and I'm obsessed over the blue shirt...but out of my price range right now with my lens purchase :/ Gypsyville Store
3. This might seem silly but do you drink out of those reusable cups with the plastic straws? I do every day at work. I throw mine in the dishwasher but I was appalled at the stuff that was still in the straw...YUCK. I found these sport straw brush things at my local Bed Bath and Beyond store. These are similar - BBB-Straw cleaner
4. I've also been obsessed with butterflies lately. After my puppy passed away last year I would see a butterfly flying around at the most random times - when I would travel, when I went shopping with my Mom, when I left work and would feel upset that she wouldn't be there when I got home. I like to think it's her sending me a message from Heaven that she's still with me in spirit.
These blue butterflies are out of my price range but I may buy one single butterfly to hang in my house. Beautiful specimens - Etsy - BentheButterflyGuy
5. I found these great scarf necklaces on Etsy. There are lots of colors available and a portion of the seller's proceeds go to charity - you can't go wrong. Etsy - EcoShag
6. I've lost a couple lens caps in my day - one in a pond in high school when I was in photo class...I really should get one of these Photojojo
7. Red Velvet Yankee Candle...need I say more? YankeeCandle-RedVelvet
8. American Beauty by Thom Filicia - I love his style and I think this book is going to be great when it comes out Amazon - American Beauty
9. JCrew Jackie cardigans - just the right weight and length and great colors - a little pricey but they're good quality and you can sometimes hit a sale at the factory stores. Factory Jackie Cardigan (on sale now...man I wish I could buy a few more ;)
10. Rani flats from Anthropologie. Love the bejeweled design! Anthro flats
11. Puma H Street - I have a couple pairs of these - most recently the teal color - they're super comfortable and I love the bright colors - DSW - H street
**Disclaimer - I am in no way affiliated with any of the above companies or have been compensated in any way, I just like their stuff and wanted to blog about it**
Happy Treasure Hunting!